What are the benefits of baby massage?
There are lots of ways baby massage can benefit not just your baby, but you and your partner as well. Massage may help your baby to:
- develop mentally, socially and physically
- stay relaxed and not get upset
- cry and fuss less
- sleep better
You may find that giving your baby a massage lifts your mood and helps you to feel more empowered as a parent. The time you set aside for a massage can be your special time together. As you massage your baby, it comes naturally to chat to her and have plenty of eye contact with her.
This is one reason why massage can help mums with postnatal depression, or who are at risk of depression, to interact with their babies.
Baby massage can be great for dads, too. Some dads may miss out on a lot of the hands-on care of their babies, especially if they are at work and their baby is breastfed. A regular massage with dad can become a routine, perhaps at bedtime, that helps to bring your baby and partner closer together. It can also help your partner if he is feeling stressed.
Baby massage classes :
Baby massage classes are a fun way to learn how to soothe your baby, relieve tummy upsets, learn to understand your baby’s non-verbal language and much, much more. My classes are informal, relaxed, and small enough to ensure you get the personal attention you need.
Baby massage is simple, easy to learn and effective!
Join us for a course of three classes :
September 2017 : 13th, 20th and 27th
- Suitable for newborns to crawling babies
- 1 hour each class from 10am
- Limited to five couples of parent and baby
- One hour to learn how to massage your baby and also to ask your questions or share your thoughts/feelings about breastfeeding, baby’s care etc…
- Fees : 12.000 yens for three classes (I ‘ll ask to pay me for the whole course at the end of the first class)
- Place : my apartment (click here)
Please bring a big towel for your baby and I will give you some massage oil for the class.